CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 2 June 2009

What's wrong with this picture?

Why is it that I can't have my own things, yet I have to put up with other people and how they do things, and when I try to do things that I like (like listening to music), people have to complain?

Take my music for example. We have room inspections in the next three days, and since I'm home most of the day, I thought I'd knock out some of the cleaning that needed to get done. Of course I had my music playing so it would be more bearable. My roommate comes home from her shift at work, and starts complaining about my music. She said that one of the artists that was currently playing (Brandy) sounded like she was about to have asthma attack, and that I listen to the most annoying stuff. I told her that she could turn it off since it's been playing all day and she says "Exactly!". Like she's been forced to hear it all day or something. Yet you don't see me complaining when she plays her rock and country music.

Not only that, I've been cleaning almost all day trying to get everything ready for this inspection. We're in the middle of moving furniture around, and had a bookshelf sitting right where the door opens. So since there was space where we're planning to move her dressers, I just put my nightstand and the bookshelf there because I wasn't sure if she was planning on moving her dressers or not. She gets upset because I put those things there and says that she was planning on moving her dresser tonight. I told her that I wasn't sure so I just thought it would be better to be prepared in the event she didn't move them before the inspection. So I move all that out of the way. She asks me if the stuff that's under my bed will be easy to pull out of if they're all piled on top of each other and I told her that they were easy to pull out. I guess she plans to move all of her stuff tonight while I'm at work. I went on ahead and started moving my things out from under the bed, and she gets upset AGAIN and starts complaining that I'm taking up all this space with my stuff and that she won't have space to move anything if she moves things tonight. To which I told her that they were just going on my bed.

And then it clicked. She didn't want me to move her dressers because she didn't want me to come across things she didn't want me to see, but yet she was thinking about moving MY stuff around?! Where does that make ANY sense?! It's bad enough that she used my computer without my permission last night to call her boyfriend and then closed the lid which closed everything that was open, and then had the nerve to turn the light off that I had turned on so I could see just so she could sleep! The light was in the foyer/sink area! She said that I eat crap food, food that doesn't have substance, and then asked me when I was planning another commissary trip. I mean, really? Come on now, just because I get BAS doesn't mean that I'm the ONLY one that can go to the commissary and get stuff. If you want something, GET IT YOURSELF. She didn't even say "Hey, thanks for doing most of the cleaning today, I'll finish it up." Or even OFFER to help me finish what cleaning I WAS doing. She just came home, changed, and sat on her computer. I hope she doesn't expect me to wash the dishes, because I ALWAYS do and she just says "Oh you washed the dishes." Like I'm EXPECTED to wash them or something.

Why is it that I can deal with people's annoying habits and whatnot, but when I try to do my own thing or do things for others, it goes unnoticed? Why are some people so darn INCONSIDERATE?! And why do I even put up with it?? I really wish I had my own room, because then I could play my "annoying" music whenver I wanted to and eat my "crap" food without having to worry about people complaining about it. I'm so tired of trying to please everyone...

0 comments:

Post a Comment