CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Born this Way



I was catching up on my missed Glee episodes, and I must say- Born this Way is probably my favorite episode this season (with their Loser like Me episode coming in close second). It was a...touching episode, and I really loved the message from it. We should all embrace who we are, differences and all (although I will say right now, that I am seriously considering getting Proactiv for my skin, because NOTHING ELSE seems to be working : /). That's acutally my goal for this month- Learning how to make MYSELF happy. It probably doesn't make sense as to how that ties in with the song, but I'll try to explain. In order for me to learn how to be my own kind of happy, I have to learn who I am, and to accept that. Make sense? I hope so, because I have no other way to explain it. God made us all in His own image, and I feel that to change the way that we look through plastic surgery (unless it's really serious like a burn victim or something like that, but I'm talking about recreational surgery), crazy diets, and whatever else is out there is basically us telling God that we don't like the way HE looks. Hopefully you wouldn't tell God that he looked ugly or weird or different or anything insulting to His face, so why would we indirectly insult Him? Don't get me wrong, I am definitely no saint in that department. I'm CONSTANTLY finding things about myself that I don't like, or that I wish I could change. Yes, I admit that with my previous logic, that means I'm indirectly insulting God. However, I AM working on accepting who I am, flaws and all (Proactiv will just help improve the healthiness of my skin, I hope). Granted, I know that it will take a lot of time, and I know that I will have those days where I'll hate everything about myself, but that's a part of life, right? Who knows. Now I feel like I'm rambling, hahaha. Anyway, to anyone who actually reads my blog, I think I've said what I wanted to say so now I'll just end this post with this video that kinda goes with this post:



Later, gators.

0 comments:

Post a Comment