CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 3 June 2013

Sick :(

So last week I went to the clinic, because it hurt to do basic things like talk, eat, drink, and swallow. My throat was also swollen. The doctor said that it was negative for strep throat, but since he wasn't sure what else it could be, he prescribed me medication for it and gave me other options to deal with the pain, and put me on quarters. However, the symptoms got worse. To the point where I cringed when I swallowed, attempted to eat or drink anything. Pretty much lived on a gatorade and applesauce diet, with attempts at eating noodles and cereal (the cereal actually didn't hurt that bad). Not to mention, I started having to spit a lot because it hurt to swallow. It pretty much sucked, so I called the clinic today and they told me to go to the ER (did I ever mention that I hate hospitals? I do). So I went there, and after they did the whole strep test swab thing (blech), and drew around 5-6 vials of blood, it turns out I have mono. Not entirely sure how I got mono, since the last time I kissed a guy was Memorial Day weekend (not ashamed, he's cute ^.^). Maybe it just took awhile for it to manifest or something? I'm going to have to yell at him for getting me sick. I'm pretty sure he owes me now... Hm. Anyway, so I have mono, and now I'm on quarters until next Tuesday. Which means I have to get my Staff Sergeant test rescheduled, and I'm missing a day of backshop FTD next week. And since it takes around 4-6 months to fully recover from mono, I'm wondering how this will affect my assignment to Korea.

Anyway, the doctor gave me some medication to help with the swelling, and thank goodness I can swallow without cringing! I can drink gatorade without being afraid to swallow it! I had three hot dogs (kinda regretted that) and two waffles! And it doesn't hurt (as much)! Hooray! Granted, I'll still probably have a sore throat for awhile, but at least it doesn't kill me to try and eat and drink.

The only downside to being on quarters is that I'm alone. It's just me in the house. Thankfully, my online classes started tonight, so that will be a good distraction. So I have classes and How I Met Your Mother! I think I'm coming to the end of that though, so now I'll have to find another good show to watch (I will gladly take suggestions for new shows/movies!). Still, I'm by myself. It's boring, and kinda depressing. It's times like these where I wish I had family nearby. Or a boyfriend. Or both. Or a dog. Or all of the above. However, I have none of the above, and I have to be okay with that. So before this gets unnecessarily depressing, I'm going to end this post on a positive note!

Later guys!

0 comments:

Post a Comment