CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 5 July 2013

4th of July

I've been stationed in Utah for almost 4 years... Today was the first time I've gone to the zoo in the 4 years that I've lived here. Is that crazy? I've always wanted to go, and I'm not sure why I haven't gone before- probably because I didn't want to go alone or something. Oh well. I went today with some coworkers and their family, and it was a lot of fun. Most of the zoo is under construction right now, but it was still pretty cool. We saw some animals that I don't think I've seen in other zoos that I've gone to (not like I've gone to a lot or anything...). After that, I went home for a bit; took a nap, started on some dishes, and then went over to a coworker's house (one of the guys that went to the zoo) and fired off some fireworks. I watched mainly from the safety of the porch or the carport, because you could literally hear pieces of the fireworks falling from the sky, and I was not risking getting hit, burned, or possibly getting my hair caught on fire (they said that it wouldn't happen, but I still wasn't risking it because I have yarn in my hair). Overall, it was a pretty good 4th of July. Maybe even the best one I've had since I've been here, but I don't really remember much about the other ones. If I'm still here next year, maybe I'll look into going to the Stadium of Fire down in Provo for the 4th of July.

0 comments:

Post a Comment