CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday 21 March 2011

HAIR UPDATE!!!!

I'm SO happy to finally have some time to actually try something new with my hair. We've been pulling 12 hour shifts at work for the past two-three months, and TODAY (yesterday) THAT FINALLY ENDED!!!! I was at work for maybe...2 hours today! AWESOME! So- Friday night I was looking through some natural hair blogs, and one of the blogs that I'm following had a post on a bantu knot out that she did. It came out REALLY good, and her hair is short like mine! Well, mine is a little shorter than hers. Anyway, that inspired me to look up on Youtube videos of bantu knots on short hair. From what I saw it's fairly easy to do. Since I didn't have time to deep condition my hair on Saturday (when I usually deep condition my hair), I was going to do it tonight (well, Sunday night, since it's monday morning) since there was a rumor of being back on 8 hour shifts this week (which is in fact, a fact). Anyway, so. Got done with work WAY early, deep conditioned my hair, and put my hair into bantu knots. I'm hoping they come out somewhat decent, seeing as my twist-outs didn't work out very well...


 Hopefully these turn out okay!!!


Another thing I'm looking forward to trying is the ayurvedic hair care regimen. It uses different Indian Herbs that are good for your hair, and I'm excited to try it because it seems to be working for others who have tried it. My hair is kind of at a growth stunt right now (I really need to trim it though- that COULD be the problem... *innocent shrug*), and some of the herbs that are used in this regimen promot hair growth! I should also really consider taking multivitamins again... I jused to take One A Day Women's, and I can't remember why I stopped taking that... hm.

ALSO. I'm on the fence about getting braids put in. I would like to be able to do something new with my hair and actually be able to stayle it, but I don't know how it will hold up in the coming spring/summer months. Maybe I should hold off on the ayurvedic hair care until I've gotten tired of braids... Maybe kinky twists?

Oh the joys of trying new things with my hair... 


0 comments:

Post a Comment