CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday 17 March 2011

New finds for a new path!




A lot has been going on in my life... Not just with work (which has taken over my life..haha), but spiritually as well. A few weeks ago I was talking to my parents about a situation that was going on, and religion and our different faiths came up. Usually I get pretty frustrated when this happens, but not this time. Why? Because I've been doing some thinking about religion, my faith, what I believe, why I became LDS... Interesting enough, this stemmed from my reading the Bible, and not really understanding what I was reading (it was the King James Version), and wondering why, being LDS and all, there isn't an easier version of the Bible so that those who have a hard time with the KJV can read the Bible and be able to comprehend what they're reading. Anyway, that really got me to thinking why I became LDS, and how I really would appreciate being able to read the Bible and actually understand what is being said. So, I ordered that top Bible that you see up there (which is in the New King James Version), a Women's Devotional Bible (New International Version), and today I bought an NIV of the Bible (it's the one that's pictured up there) because I'm too impatient and can't wait for my Women's Devotional Bible to show up, I was that excited to finally be able to understand the Bible! I also ordered a journal to write down verses that stand out to me when I'm reading. I'm really excited to see where this path leads me; I need to learn how to build my own personal relationship with God and build my testimony of God's truth instead of following the testimony of others.

0 comments:

Post a Comment