CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday 22 March 2011

I'm so excited!

Okay. First off, my bantu knot-out came out WONDERFULLY! For those who were wondering I did the knots with Shea Moisture's Curl Enhancing smoothie, and then spritzed my oil mix over the knots when I was done. This was the result!




I was SO happy with the way they came out, my hair looked so much thicker because all the small coils were combined into larger coils. I think I will DEFINITELY come back and do these more often!

Now, on to something I'm just as excited about! I've found that my leave-in spritz that I've been using keeps my hair moisturized for maybe an hour or two, and then after that it's dry and crunchy (mostly when I'm at work). The oils that I use to seal my hair (supposedly) are still there, but it's still dry and crunchy : / So... off to Youtube I went! I checked out one of the natural hair channels I subscribed to, and came across this LOVELY gem: Kimmay Tube's leave-in mix! I read a lot of the comments, and it seemed to do SO much as far as retain moisture and keeping the hair soft, that I just HAD to give it a try! So off to the Super Wal-Mart I went! These were the products that I used:

(in the video she uses aloe vera juice, but I did some more research on it and aloe vera gel works too!)

I followed the instructions ( using 4 teaspoons of my herbal oil, because it had both the castor and jojoba oil...I figured it just made sense), and came this is the end result!

I'm looking forward to using this tomorrow after I cowash my hair. I especially like that when it's mixed well with aloe vera gel, the mix turns really creamy : )

I also found a few bandannas (one of which I'm wearing in the above picture), for $1!! I'm just excited to do some spring clothing shopping (spending wisely of course!) and embracing all of this new natural hair goodness!!! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment