CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday 28 May 2010

IF YOU HAVEN'T READ WUTHERING HEIGHTS, I WOULDN'T SUGGEST READING THIS!!!




I finally finished Wuthering Heights this morning, and let me just say this: never has a book had me so happy and excited at the beginning, depressed and angry in the middle, and happy/slightly sad at the end. It was a good book, I'm happy I read it. The characters change so much, although I think Heathcliff changed the most. I felt bad for him at the end of the story, but not as much as I did when Catherine married Edgar. I don't remember when Linton died, but that was a pleasant surprise when I realized that he wasn't in the picture anymore; he went from a pathetic human being to almost the equivalent of Heathcliff when he came back from his travels. As far as Cathy goes, I felt bad for her after she was forced to marry Linton because of the way she was treated, but at least at the end of the book she ended up happy. I dunno, it was a really good book. Even though there wasn't a lot of imagery in it, I could definitely see what was going on while I was reading, like I was actually there. That's what qualifies as a good book to me. Anyway, now that I'm done with that one, it's on to Little Women!

0 comments:

Post a Comment