CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday 31 July 2010

I think I need to clear my head

Which is probably why I haven't been able to do much more research for my essay due on Monday (I think). Come to think of it, there IS a lot that is on my mind, all at the same time...

Firstly, I'm starting to grow the relaxed part of my hair out until the new growth is long enough, and then getting the relaxed parts of my hair cut off. For those who don't know what a relaxer does to African American hair, it's a chemical treatment that straightens our hair. Like, REALLY straightens our hair. As with other hair chemicals, you get it done too much, and you'll end up damaging your hair, and spending tonnes of money on getting your hair bone straight. So, I'm working on going natural- which means NO chemicals in my hair. It's been forever since I've had a relaxer put in, but I know it will take awhile for the new growth to be long enough before I'm comfortable cutting it. The only thing with going this way is the fact that this whole process requires PATIENCE. Something I'm not really good at. At least I can work on an important skill :) It does get frustrating though, trying to find the right products, trimming the ends, and finding new hairstyles to wear until I cut it. Frustrating because by trimming the ends myself, I made my hair uneven, and because I'm in the military, there isn't much I can do with my hair as far as hairstyling goes. Not to mention I'm deploying for six months in September, so I need to find a hairstyle that is low maintenance and will last for six months. I'm doing my research on it, but it's getting so irritating because I can't decide! And I want to try braiding my own hair, which is something I've never done before, so I'm nervous about it not turning out right.

Which leads into the next thing that's on my mind: moving into a new apartment. The complex I'm living in now has this thing where a military member can get out of their lease if they are deploying, as long as they let management know within 30 days of them leaving. What I would REALLY love is to stay in the complex I'm in now, but move into a 1 or 2 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment. If I can't, one of the guys that I work with suggested the apartment complex they're living in. It sounds REALLY nice, and it would be especially helpful because his wife offered to watch Arianna while I'm at work so she can live with me and I wouldn't have to worry about paying for daycare, just for her food :) I'm blessed to have a friend who is willing to help me have my daughter with me. The only downside to that is the fact that I would be in another ward, which would make it my third ward since I got here in October. But, if I'm able to bring Arianna back with me, it won't be about me anymore, it will be about her too so I have to do what's best for her. Something to fast about tomorrow :)

I'm hoping that by blogging about what's going on in my head, I'll be able to focus more on getting the research done for my paper and actually writing the darn thing. We'll see how it goes haha. I'm done for now, off to attempt research!

0 comments:

Post a Comment